Thursday, June 3, 2010

New Arrival

Today I am doing the dance of joy as I celebrate the birth of my first great-niece Sara Elizabeth who was born yesterday weighing in at 9 pounds 3 ounces.  In a family that consists of mostly boys, it is exciting to have a girl born into the family.  Sara Elizabeth is the first girl born into our family since my youngest sister was born 48 years ago.  I do have a niece by adoption who is just as much a part of our family as if she had been born into it and I have five nieces by marriage, but Sara has presented a new perspective to our family.

I now have seven nephews (one by adoption), six nieces (one by adoption and five by marriage), three great-nephews and one great-niece.  I also have three more babies due over the next six months.

Regardless of how my nephews, nieces, great-nephews and great-niece have become a part of our family each one of them is special.  I love them all very much.  I enjoy watching them grow and mature and make lives for themselves.

Thank you God for the safe arrival of Sara.  I pray that you would bless her, watch over her and help her to grow up to become the person you have destined for her to be.

2 comments: