Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Being Led

This past Sunday at church we sang a song that I have heard and sung numerous times in my life. But this time it was different. The name of the song is "I'd Rather Have Jesus". It is a song that was made famous by George Beverly Shea.

As I sang the song two lines grabbed my attention like I had never seen or heard them before.

"I'd rather be led by His nail pierced hand" comes from the last line of the first verse.

"I'd rather have Jesus and let Him lead" comes from the last line of the third verse.

Why did these two lines grab my attention? I think that one reason is that I have become more interested in allowing Jesus to lead me on the path he has set out for my life. And those two lines were my declaration of my intent to go wherever God leads me.

For me, following the leading of God is going to help me mature and grow into the person God destined me to be.

So today I choose to take the hand of Jesus and go where he leads me, wherever and however he deems best for me.

Be blessed today my friends as you are led by "his nail pierced hand."

1 comment:

  1. I'm enjoying watching the progression of your blog as you tweek and refine how it looks. And I'm always waiting to see what you post next!

    That's been a favourite song of mine for ages too... and it has to be Geo Bev who has to sing it, don't you think, to make it perfect?

    We must be from the same era, you think?

    Following Him with you!

    ReplyDelete