Monday, July 19, 2010

Precious Bundle

On Saturday, July 17th, 2010, I got to hold a very precious bundle of joy in my arms.  That was the day that Joseph Timothy Drader joined our family.  He weighed in at 6 pounds 12 ounces and stretched out at 20 inches.  I made sure I counted all his fingers and toes - he has the right amount.

Joseph is my fourth great nephew, the first child of my oldest nephew.  Unlike his father who was born in Yellowknife, NWT and whom I wasn't able to see until he was a month old, Joseph was born in Edmonton so I was able to see him and hold him just hours after he arrived.

As I held Joseph in my arms I couldn't help but thank God for his safe arrival and the fact that we had another addition to our family.  There was a time when it seemed like his mother might not be able to carry a baby.

One of the most precious things in my life have been the arrivals of each of my nephews, nieces, great nephews and great niece.  Being able to hold them in my arms, to watching them grow and mature is something that helps to make my life complete.  I look forward to watching Joseph grow and mature and become the special person God has planned for him to be.  Joseph is now a special work in progress.

Thank you God for this new addition to our family.

2 comments: