Thursday, May 6, 2010

His Workmanship

Many years ago I attended a Bible college in Eston, Saskatchewan. It was a three year program. Each new class was required to come up with a name, Bible verse and song that would be theirs for the next three years.

Our class chose the name "His Workmanship" based on Ephesians 2:10 "For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them." (New International Version) I really wasn't too excited about this name and verse.  I didn't think it was splashy or cool enough (we are talking the 1970s after all).  But the majority had spoken.

It has only been in the last few months that I have gone back to that name and Bible verse and really decided to make it mine. In fact, it was with this verse in mind that I came up with the phrase "I am a Work in Progress".

I have finally realized that God has been working in my life as one of his special projects. You are also a special project of God's if you are his child. He has special things planned for yours and my life if we will let him work in us. Jeremiah 29:11 says,"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." (New International Version)

So I encourage you to look at yourself as a work in progress and see what special things God has for your life. They may not always seem good or pleasant at the time but in the end you can be sure that they are the best for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment