Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Follow Your Own Path

"Follow your own path and let people talk." (Dante)

In the last couple of days I've realized that I have slipped back into an old and unhealthy pattern in my thinking about myself.  The truth came to me yesterday that I was allowing what other people said or my interpretation of how they saw me to drag me down.  If I dwell on those thoughts I will drive myself crazy.

The truth is that the only people I really have to care about what they are saying or thinking are God and myself.  If I stay true to the path I believe God is guiding me down then I will be on the right track regardless of what others think.  I also have to know that I'm being true to who I believe God is leading me to become.
So today I choose to celebrate who God has and is making me to be and I will be true to myself regardless of what others may think.  I will follow the path God is leading me on and not the path others think I should follow.

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful words of encouragement that I can sure use. Even being as old as dirt I still have self doubts many times. Blessings
    QMM

    ReplyDelete