Friday, April 30, 2010

Learning From Our Mistakes

Have you ever made a mistake and thought that you were down for the count? I have.

Tonight as I was watching "Criminal Minds" one of the characters was struggling with something that happened to him and he expressed to a colleague that he felt like this struggle would make him a liability rather than an asset. But his colleague looked him in the eye and told him that if he tried, that struggle could in fact be a learning experience that could make him a better profiler because he would have a new outlook on things.

As I heard that I realized that I don't have to let mistakes drag me down. I can use them for good and grow from them. Instead of looking at mistakes and struggles as bad things, I need to look at them as learning experiences and go on from there with strength.

So look at the mistakes or struggles you are having today as a way to grow and mature, not as a thing that holds you back.

It may feel like two steps forward and one step back but that's okay. At least you are moving forward and that is what counts in the end.

Keep moving forward. The next minute, hour, day is coming, learn from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment